Monday, September 5, 2011

Mom Needed Me…


This guest post from Lewis Beck

When my mother told me she needed me to move back home and help her I was really resistant. I love the bayou but it’s where I grew up and I’d finally broken away to start my own life and I was concerned that moving back would make it hard for me to ever get back out. She needed my help with the business, though, and if I’m anything it’s a good son so I went back home and got to work turning the old shop profitable again.

I looked intohttp://get.wildblue.com/internet-provider/louisiana/m/ for internet for the place and started some marketing efforts all around the state which really spurred business and things are really looking up for mom and the shop. I’m hoping that in a couple of years I can go back to Atlanta but for now I guess being home isn’t all that bad. The people are friendly and everyone already knows me anyway so I guess it wasn’t the worst thing in the world that mom asked me to help her.

No comments:

Post a Comment