Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Stevie Nicks is Powerful in Person

Stevie Nicks put on one of the best shows I've ever witnessed in person and to be honest I never would have expected it. Not that I don't love Stevie Nicks, but I just wasn't prepared for the power of her live performance. Not only did she do the majority of her greatest hits, but she threw in some awesome cover tunes as well. The show took place outside in an amphitheater in Charlotte. We had seats under the roof, just in case the weather was bad, but it ended up being a perfect night for it.

Our seats weren't bad. Not too close, but plenty close enough. Plus we had aisle seats, which always makes things easier, and we had a completely unobstructed view of the stage. When we bought the tickets, there had been no a! nnouncement of an opening act, so we were just as surprised as anyone when Vanessa Carlton wandered out on stage and started playing the piano.

I had never really given her stuff a chance on the radio, but I was really impressed with her in person. Both ladies put on an excellent show. In fact, the only moment of tension was when I didn't remember setting my home security alarm. Luckily, my girlfriend assured me that she had set the home security alarm from www.Securitychoice.com/ before we left the house.

No comments:

Post a Comment